How do health care professionals benefit from this program?
Health care professionals who acquire the knowledge and skills from this program will increase their abilities to effectively treat musculoskeletal pain and movement disorders, sports injuries, functional problems, problems of dysregulation, headaches, stress-related disorders, chronic pain, etc. Program graduates enjoy a distinct advantage in the professional and amateur sports arenas, hospital-based practices, military medical practices and private practices.
Ten specific and important benefits:
- We are an accelerated program, the only one in Ontario. In four months, participants will have completed the training required to start treating patients and receiving the return on investment right away.
- We are completely (100%) neurophysiologically and neuroanatomically based and thereby build on what you know. No Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) models are employed.
- We endeavour to maintain an instructor to student ratio of 1:6, which is made possible by a well-trained and experienced group of more than thirty instructors. All of our instructors are successful practitioners, such as chiropractors, MDs, physiotherapists, and even an Acupuncture Doctor from the USA. Participants receive individualized attention.
- We employ a skills-based approach. We include 80 hours of a practical nature in the course with needling workshops, treatment workshops, anatomy lab workshops, interactive anatomy reviews, and live case assessments and treatments. You finish the course knowing how to do it because you actually did it.
- Participants will accumulate significant needling experience. We provide the opportunity to complete about 300 supervised needling insertions during the program.
- We are the original McMaster Medical Acupuncture Program (since 1998), and we trained over 1,900 of your colleagues in Contemporary Medical Acupuncture (Neurofunctional Acupuncture, Electroacupuncture).
- Become part of an international family of highly successful and like-minded health care professionals, who have integrated Contemporary Medical Acupuncture (Neurofunctional Acupuncture, Electroacupuncture) into their practice for the benefit of their patients.
- We only accept students for the whole program, no partial training is permitted. It is an all or nothing commitment. We are fully committed to what we do and we request an equal commitment from our students. We believe in excellence and are committed to offer the best available training in acupuncture for health professionals in the world.
- We provide continuing education opportunities to our graduates for advanced training in the fields of musculoskeletal medicine (with a focus on sports injuries) and internal medicine. You receive support beyond the basic training.
- We are totally passionate about what we do. You are provided a truly exciting and productive learning environment because we share the passion of learning with you.