Learning Resources and Program Materials
A variety of resources and materials are used to facilitate the participants’ learning process.
- Point Location and Anatomy Digital Imagery Collection: Specially designed to illustrate surface anatomy and deep anatomy relationships with acupuncture points.
- McMaster Anatomy Laboratory: Acupuncture point location and anatomy are demonstrated on human anatomical cadaver specimens.
- Clinical Skills Workshops: Hands-on point location, needling techniques and clinical applications.
- Patient Demonstrations: Live patient case assessment and treatment utilizing the Contemporary Medical Acupuncture (Neurofunctional Acupuncture, Electroacupuncture) techniques taught throughout the program.
- Written Tests: One written test is administered at the beginning of Units 2 – 5, designed to evaluate student progress.
- Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Handouts: Original material includes study guides, presentation copies and articles as reading assignments. All articles included are from the peer reviewed literature.
- Manual of Acupuncture Point Location and Anatomy: Written by Dr. Alejandro Elorriaga Claraco, MD (Spain) Director of the McMaster Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Program, it contains a standardized description of the acupuncture points based on the International Anatomical Nomenclature, as well as a detailed description of the underlying anatomy of more than seventy percent of the points.