How do Health Care Professionals benefit for this program?
Health care professionals who acquire the knowledge and skills from this program will increase their abilities to effectively treat musculoskeletal pain and movement disorders, sports injuries, functional problems, problems of dysregulation, headaches, stress-related disorders, chronic pain, etc. Program graduates enjoy a distinct advantage in the professional and amateur sports arenas, hospital-based practices, military medical practices and private practices.
- 1 We are an accelerated program, the only one in Ontario. In four months, participants will have completed the training required to start treating patients and receiving the return on investment right away.
- 2 We are completely (100%) neurophysiologically and neuroanatomically based and thereby build on what you know. No Traditional Chinese Medicine models are employed.
- 3 We maintain an instructor to student ratio of 1:6, made possible by our dedicated team of over 30 experienced instructors. All of our instructors are successful practitioners, including chiropractors, MDs, physiotherapists, and registered massage therapists. Participants receive as much individualized attention as possible.
- 4 We use a skills-based approach, and there is no theory involved in the teaching, just practical clinical contemporary science. We offer over 80 hours of practical hands on, including needling workshops, treatment workshops, anatomy lab workshops, interactive anatomy reviews, and live case assessments and treatments. You finish the course knowing how to do it because you actually did it.
- 5 Participants will accumulate significant needling experience. We provide the opportunity to complete about 300 supervised needling insertions during the program.
- 6 We are the original McMaster Medical Acupuncture Program since 1998, and in these years we have trained over 3,000 Health care professionals from more than 20 different countries.
- 7 All our graduates are part of an international family of highly successful and like-minded health care professionals, who have integrated Contemporary Medical Acupuncture (Neurofunctional Acupuncture, Electroacupuncture) into their practice for the benefit of their patients.
- 8 We only accept students for the whole program, no partial training is permitted. It is an all or nothing commitment. We are fully committed to what we do and we request an equal commitment from our students. We believe in excellence and are committed to offer the best available training in acupuncture for health professionals in the world.
- 9 We provide continuing education opportunities to our graduates for advanced training in the fields of musculoskeletal medicine (with a focus on sports injuries) and internal medicine. You receive support beyond the basic training.
- 10 We are committed to clinical and academic excellence. You will be in a truly exciting and productive learning environment because we share the passion of learning with you.