The McMaster University Contemporary Medical Acupuncture Program is a practical training program that consists of four online Units with a total of 29 hours of professional video content, four live Units (100 contact hours, mostly hands-on workshops), and a self-directed home study portion (171 hours).
Unit 1 online [6:52:43]
- Neurofunctional Acupuncture (NFA) Curriculum [47:07]
- Introduction to Contemporary Acupuncture [23:06]
- NFA: Neuroscience & Physiology of Analgesia [54:40]
- NFA Science (Dr. Elorriaga CCAA 2017 International Symposium) [1:25:58]
- Neurofunctional Operating System [1:41:00]
- Insertional and Neurofunctional Anatomy: Systemic Regulatory Inputs and Lower Extremity Overview [1:38:04]
Unit 1 live (Introduction to Neurofunctional Acupuncture)
This unit presents an introduction to Contemporary Medical Acupuncture (Neurofunctional Acupuncture or Electroacupuncture) including the topics: safety, precautions and adverse effects, physiological response to the insertion of acupuncture needles, introduction to palpatory anatomy, and an introduction to the design of neurofunctional acupuncture inputs with a focus on local inputs and systemic regulatory inputs.
Unit 2 online [7:51:15]
- Neurobiological Model of Pain: Solving the Pain Puzzle [1:04:38]
- Blueprint System: Introduction, Inputs and Approaches [1:19:17]
- Blueprints: Acute Injuries, Ankle Sprain & LE Joints [1:48:21]
- Blueprints: Low Back Pain Problems [1:08:43]
- Insertional and Neurofunctional Anatomy: Pelvic Girdle and Lower Extremity [1:24:10]
- Insertional and Neurofunctional Anatomy: Trunk Region [1:06:06]
Unit 2 live (Pain Neurobiology, Acute Pain, Ankle Sprain, Lower Extremity Problems, Low Back Pain,Trunk Safety Techniques)
The focus of this unit is on the Neurofunctional Acupuncture treatment of acute pain, ankle sprain, lower extremity problems, and low back pain plus an in-depth review of the safety insertion techniques in the trunk.
Unit 3 online [6:20:10]
- Blueprints: Shoulder and Upper Extremity Problems [2:19:09]
- Shoulder Pain Problems [1:12:10]
- Lateral Epicondylar Pain [39:10]
- Median Nerve Related Problems [27:49]
- Blueprints: Stress Related Disorders and Addictions [35:51]
- Neurofunctional Blueprint for Stress Related Disorders [29:47]
- Auricular Inputs for the Treatment of Addictions [6:04]
- Blueprints: Visceral Disorders [42:03]
- Insertional and Neurofunctional Anatomy: Neck, Elbow and Hand Regions [1:05:25]
- Insertional and Neurofunctional Anatomy: Shoulder Girdle Region [1:37:42]
Unit 3 live (Shoulder and Upper Extremity Problems, Neck Problems, Stress Related Disorders, Addictions, Visceral Disorders)
The focus of this unit is on the Neurofunctional Acupuncture treatment of upper extremity problems, neck problems, stress related disorders, and visceral disorders.
Unit 4 online [8:02:19]
- Answers to Your Top 10 Acupuncture Questions [1:00:32]
- Neurofunctional Acupuncture for MSK Problems [1:03:44]
- Neurofunctional Acupuncture for Functional Shoulder Problems [58:05]
- Ten Most Common Contributors to Pain Problems [1:04:24]
- Neurofunctional Acupuncture for Articular Dysfunction [58:50]
- Neurofunctional Approach to the Treatment of Movement Disorders [1:00:27]
- Restoring Muscle Function one Needle at a Time: Key Neurostimulation Sites [57:58]
- Needling Techniques in Physiotherapy: A Science Based Review [58:19]
Unit 4 live (Face Problems, UE and LE Blueprints review)
Treatment of Face Problems such as Bell’s palsy and trigeminal neuralgia, plus a review of all the protocols for the treatment of shoulder girdle, pelvic girdle, and upper and lower extremity problems.
Home study portion
Review of course handouts and reading of selected articles from the peer reviewed literature. A total of 171 hours between Unit 1 and Unit 4.